|Wood Group Kenny wins Rosebank export line feed
Wood Group Kenny has been awarded the Gas Export Pipeline Front End Engineering Design (FEED) by Chevron North Sea Ltd for their Rosebank West of Shetland development.
"This is excellent news and keeps us positioned as leaders in the design of pipeline systems in the extreme and hostile environment West of Shetlands," says Steve Wayman, Wood Group Kenny's CEO. "We look forward to working with Chevron again, this time in the UK on this prestigious project."
The Rosebank field is located northwest of the Laggan-Tormore fields, in 1100m of water in the challenging West of Shetlands environment. Wood Group Kenny will undertake initial pre-FEED option selection studies, FEED and early procurement support for the 230km gas pipeline, in addition to structural designs for a deepwater Pipeline End Manifold (PLEM). The gas pipeline will be connected directly to the Shetland Islands Regional Gas Export line and thence to St Fergus. The Rosebank development is a joint venture between Chevron North Sea Limited; Statoil (U.K.) Limited; OMV (U.K.) Limited and DONG Exploration & Production (UK) Limited.
Stuart Klein, Rosebank Project Manager said, "Rosebank is an exciting and important new project for Chevron. We look forward to working with Wood Group Kenny in delivering a successful export pipeline design for the project."
The project is currently up and running and involves staff from Wood Group Kenny's London and Aberdeen offices.
Notes to editors:
Wood Group is an international energy services company with $6bn sales, employing more than 41,000 people worldwide and operating in 50 countries. The Group has three businesses - Engineering, Wood Group PSN and Wood Group GTS - providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide. www.woodgroup.com
Wood Group Kenny is the world's largest independent specialist subsea, pipeline and riser engineering and management contractor employing approximately 2500 people worldwide, part of international energy services company, Wood Group. Wood Group Kenny comprises five closely linked businesses –
- J P Kenny - one of the world's leading independent subsea and pipeline engineering organisations, operating from 11 locations worldwide and providing its clients with solutions that range from the planning stage through to procurement, fabrication, construction management, commissioning and operations support services.
- MCS Kenny - a world leader in compliant riser design with an extensive track record across all riser types and water depths. This includes flexible risers, steel catenary risers, hybrid steel-flexible risers, and top tensioned risers for both floating production and floating drilling platforms. The company also provides advanced structural analysis, drilling and floating systems engineering, and software and technology development capabilities.
- MSi Kenny - a leading flow assurance and process optimisation engineering and software company.
- WGIM - an independent engineering, management and software company, specialising in all-of-asset integrity assurance with extensive materials engineering resources, service life prediction and inspection management expertise in the oil & gas, petrochemicals, power, mining and mineral processing industries.
- SgurrEnergy - a leading renewable energy consultancy providing engineering and technical advisory services for onshore and offshore wind, solar, wave, tidal and hydro projects worldwide.
For further information contact:
Carolyn Smith, Director, Corporate Communications – Eastern Hemisphere, Wood Group
Tel: +44 (0) 1224 851099, email: firstname.lastname@example.org