Wood Group Kenny Indonesia awarded engineering services contract by ConocoPhillips
09 May 2013
View the full press release in PDF format
Wood Group Kenny in Indonesia (PT. Wood Group Indonesia) has been awarded a multi-million dollar, three-year general engineering services contract by ConocoPhillips Indonesia Inc. Ltd. to support all of its pipelines and related facilities in Indonesia.
Jakarta-based Wood Group Kenny Indonesia will carry out concept engineering, pre-FEED (front end engineering and design), FEED and detailed design services, as well as related support activities including environmental and risk inspections, for ConocoPhillips' onshore and offshore pipelines and facilities in Indonesia.
Since work on the contract began last year, Wood Group Kenny Indonesia has undergone a rapid expansion of its local workforce, which now numbers around 150 engineers, managerial and support staff, around 40 of whom will be deployed for the ConocoPhillips project.
Steve Wayman, CEO, Wood Group Kenny said, "We are delighted to have been awarded this contract to support ConocoPhillips' Indonesian operations. Our highly experienced team in Jakarta has an established relationship with ConocoPhillips, having successfully completed concept and pre-FEED studies for this client previously on other contracts."
Notes to editors:
Wood Group is an international energy services company with around $7bn sales, employing about 43,000 people worldwide and operating in 50 countries. The Group has three businesses – Wood Group Engineering, Wood Group PSN and Wood Group GTS - providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide. www.woodgroup.com
Wood Group Kenny is the world's largest independent specialist subsea, pipeline and riser engineering and management contractor employing approximately 2,500 people worldwide, part of international energy services company, Wood Group. Wood Group Kenny comprises five closely linked businesses:
- J P Kenny - one of the world's leading independent subsea and pipeline engineering organisations, operating from 11 locations worldwide and providing its clients with solutions that range from the planning stage through to procurement, fabrication, construction management, commissioning and operations support services.
- MCS Kenny - a world leader in compliant riser design with an extensive track record across all riser types and water depths. This includes flexible risers, steel catenary risers, hybrid steel-flexible risers, and top tensioned risers for both floating production and floating drilling platforms. The company also provides advanced structural analysis, drilling and floating systems engineering, and software and technology development capabilities.
- MSi Kenny - world class experience in the application of advanced technology for the design and optimal operation of oil & gas production, pipeline and processing facilities, and the provision of transient multiphase flow, thermodynamics, dynamic process simulation, production chemistry, and CFD expertise. Our Virtuoso® software suite provides turnkey solutions for real-time optimisation of both single-phase and multiphase production facilities and pipelines.
- WGIM - has a deep, extensive track record and one of the industry's widest collections of highly experienced individual staff across all areas of service life prediction, inspection management and the development of bespoke software solutions to help clients design, operate and manage asset optimisation and comply with global regulatory requirements.
- SgurrEnergy - a leading renewable energy consultancy providing engineering and technical advisory services for onshore and offshore wind, solar, wave, tidal and hydro projects worldwide.
For further information contact:
Carolyn Smith, Director, Corporate Communications – Eastern Hemisphere, Wood Group
Tel: +44 (0) 1224 851099, email: email@example.com