Feasibility, Concept & FEED Studies
Wood Group's feasibility, concept and FEED services provide a solid foundation for any project.
At Wood Group, we believe in doing things right the first time. Which is why our comprehensive concept phase and front-end engineering design (FEED) studies are conducted by applying standardised procedures and best practices. After all, these critical project stages lay the groundwork for follow-on detailed design, construction and operation.
We offer feasibility, conceptual engineering and design expertise on a wide range of facilities and related infrastructure, including floating and fixed platform topsides, compliant piled towers, subsea developments, pipelines, compressor stations, refineries and petrochemical plants, FPSO topsides, heavy oil production facilities, floating LNG vessels, LNG plants, gas processing and other industrial facilities. The early phase project stages up to FEED are undertaken by Frontier by Wood Group, while FEED studies are handled by Wood Group Mustang, Wood Group Kenny and Wood Group PSN.
Wood Group has engineered more topsides for spars and tension leg platforms (TLPs) than any other firm worldwide.
Our feasibility, concept and FEED services include the following:
- Preliminary engineering & feasibility studies
- Concept development & alternatives evaluation
- Site identification & evaluation
- Project & scope definition review
- Uncertainty & risk evaluations
- Weight & cost estimating & schedule development
- Identification & investigation of long lead items
- Hazard & operability studies / hazard identification