Virtual reality (VR) represents a new era in computer technology that is changing the way we conceptualise, learn, communicate and execute work in the modern workplace.
The benefits to be gained by using VR in the energy industry are vast. VR can add significant value to operations, particularly in areas such as training, safety and decommissioning.
The technology allows users to experience environments and learn through realistic scenarios in a controlled, safe, cost efficient and repeatable manner. Whether that is giving you the ability to walk around structures on the seabed, or seeing the real life implications of safety action; we can design and build bespoke VR solutions for our customers.
Key benefits of our VR solution:
- Customisable platform specific to customer needs
- Developed using an industry leading gaming engine for superior graphics
- Modular build approach for adaptability
- Ability to utilise customer 3D drawings
- Agile design approach in line with industry standards, ensuring high quality rapid development methodology
- Multiple delivery formats to provide flexibility in distribution
- Complete in-house service
- Cost efficient approach to maximise value for customers
VR interactive videos
Revisit our Offshore Europe 2017 VR experience by using VR glasses to sample some demos of our virtual world of Wood Group.
Please note, for best results, increase the quality manually to 2160s on your YouTube app.
For further info on Wood Group’s VR technology, speak to an expert (links to contact form)
|Full asset life cycle|