Our internship and industrial placement programmes are designed to help you learn about Wood Group, meet our people and decide if you want to pursue a career in the oil & gas industry.
For our programmes, we typically recruit final year undergraduates from all degree disciplines and backgrounds. Opportunities span a wide range of business areas; these vary dependent on region and business unit.
The internship/placement opportunities are available in a number of locations and can act as a springboard into our graduate programmes.
Australia and Asia Pacific Summer Vacation Program – 2017
Our summer vacation program is designed for students looking to kick-start their career early. We are offering placements in our Melbourne & Perth offices on a 12 week basis where you will be given the opportunity to put what you have learned into practice, gaining valuable work experience, and see first-hand what it is like to work on real oil and gas projects before you graduate.
Who can apply?
To be successful in this role, you must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- be studying for an degree appropriate to the position;
- be in the penultimate year of your degree course or your first year of your masters course and achieving a Distinction average (70% or higher);
- be available to work for a 12-week period from December to February;
- Demonstrate initiative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- have rights to work in Australia, and:
Upload your cover letter, resume and academic transcripts.
You must attach the above documentation by the closing date otherwise your application will not progress. Candidates applying must have working rights within Australia as we are not able to offer work sponsorship.
The programs will commence early December 2017
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 3 September 2017 (AEST).