Wood Group's ProGHG software is an automated system to assist petroleum and natural gas producers in automating greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting process with a complete solution. The tool includes data input and/or data import from various existing database, data integration, data validation, emission calculations and analysis.
The most recent U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mandatory GHG greenhouse gases reporting rule, Title 40, U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Part 98, Subpart W, requires onshore petroleum and natural gas facilities owner and operators to report GHG data and emissions exceeding 25,000 metric tons per year in eight industry segments.
GHG Subpart W reporting challenges are many. In addition to enormous data input volumes, files come from disparate sources often with varying terminologies. Data incompleteness within and among sources is a problem as are inconsistencies and discrepancies. Many users still utilize manual processes to collect, integrate and validate data. This is both manpower intensive and promotes poor reporting quality.
The Wood Group GHG Solution
Wood Group provides ProGHG, the system that automates the GHG reporting process and assists oil and gas producers with a complete solution. The systematic approach consists of five modules addressing all essential report processing elements – data input, data integration and validation, emissions calculations and reporting, and emissions analysis. ProGHG works effectively with a variety of databases including equipment inventory, historian (including OSIsoft PI SystemTM and Aspen InfoPlus.21), relational databases (including Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle) and Systems Applications and Products (data processing).
* Provides true, accurate and complete compliance reporting as required by GHG rule
* Significant preparation time reduction from months to just days or hours
* Can reduce labor costs by at least 80% (per case data)
* Provides better data tracking
* Ensures long-term sustainability
* Incorporates Subpart W
* Provides source data analysis
* Assists in identifying areas of improvement, including equipment reduction
* Enable easy data transfer to other reporting tools, when needed
* Provides direct data input
* Allows collection from existing data sources
* Validates using engineering knowledge with sets of embedded business logic
* Calculates in accordance with 40 CFR Subpart 98
* Incorporates Subpart W – onshore petroleum and natural gas production
* Source data analysis reviews data issues and suggests corrections
* Emission summary analysis identifies improvement areas
* Stores raw source, validated, final reporting data and emission parameters for
record keeping and analysis