Wood Group has developed the Galion Lidar, the 2nd generation laser-based wind profiler device for wind speed measurement and directional data capture.
Lidar is a mature remote sensing technology that is now successfully being used for wind mapping applications.
With its unique all-sky scanning capability and up to 4km range, Galion Lidar is a pioneering, cutting-edge wind speed measurement technology which is transforming the way we do business and making possible outcomes that were not previously imagined.
Get in touch with us or call +44 141 227 1700 to find out more about how Galion Lidar can support your renewable energy project.
Independent test validation on lidar wind measurements
Galion Lidar has been independently verified by the following institutions:
Email us for more information on our independent testing or call +44 (0) 141 227 1700.
More than just a virtual met mast
Lidar wind measurement is a simple and accurate means of assessing wind speeds. Galion Lidar technology represents a significant advancement in the technical capabilities of capturing wind data and offers the following features and additional benefits compared to other current wind lidar devices on the market.
Galion Lidar features:
- Pulsed laser device for wind speed and direction measurement
- High resolution data capture
- Up to 4km range
- Remote access to real data
- All-sky scanning steerable beam
- Environmentally tested from -25°C to +35°C
- Independently validated by Risø DTU
- Onshore and offshore models available.
Galion Lidar benefits
- Highly portable
- No planning permission required
- Standard one year warranty
- No cloud correction required
- Multiple turbine location survey from a single deployment
- Accurate lidar wind measurements in complex terrain and forestry
- Acquires direct measurements where previously only model approximations have been available.
Galion Lidar is exclusively available for sale or rental from Wood Group.
To read more about Galion Lidar and its potential for your business, download our brochure.