Wood Group’s asset management specialists act as trading and control point on behalf of wind farm owners and developers, a requirement for some wind farms to meet Grid code obligations and to participate in the Balancing Mechanism.
With National Grid approved communication software and a direct communication line, Wood Group will be the named provider of trading and control point services, providing 24/7 response to emergency events as required under the Grid code to ensure compliance.
This service includes:
- 24/7 control point with response to National Grid instructions within a two minute time period
- Maintenance and outage reporting to the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) off-taker, National grid and transmission provider
- Provision of 10-minute data to the PPA off-taker
- Management of electronic dispatch and logging (EDL) and electronic data transfer (EDT) equipment and software, hosted by Wood Group’s control centre in Glasgow
- Submission of data to transmission outage and generator availability (TOGA) and submission of data to Elexon
- Participation in the balancing mechanism within two minute timeframe.
Find out more about our 24/7 trading and control point services – get in touch.