Wind resource is the single most critical item when assessing the commercial feasibility of a wind farm project.
Collecting good quality wind data and carrying out rigorous wind analysis for our clients allows them to take projects forward with confidence, and minimises the risk of under-performance.
Wood Group’s wind analysis team has over 15 years’ experience predicting wind farm energy production for leading utilities, developers, lenders and investors. We have produced energy yield predictions for over 30,000MW of wind farms, including some of the world’s largest and most challenging projects.
We can support projects from initial wind assessment through to bank grade energy yield prediction, with highly qualified wind analysts providing a comprehensive package of independent wind resource assessment services that typically deliver wind farm energy yield predictions within 5% of the operational performance. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Design and deployment of a wind measurement campaign
- Wind flow modelling and wind farm layout optimisation using either industry standard or CFD wind flow models
- Interim energy yield predictions
- Wind regime assessment and wind turbine site suitability
- Bank grade energy yield predictions.
For more information on how Wood Group’s experts can advise on your wind project, contact us.