For a renewable energy project to be progressed, planning permission or regulatory consent must first be obtained. Planning permission can be one of the biggest barriers to your project’s development with the potential to cause significant delays. Wood Group has the capability to take projects through the planning and consenting processes, both in the UK and internationally.
Our planners and environmental specialists have provided planning advice for projects at all stages of development, from project feasibility through to operation, including:
- Initial planning appraisals
- Pre-application discussions with planning authorities
- Pre-application consultation services, including preparation of proposal of application notices; attendance at public exhibitions; and preparation of consultation reports
- Stakeholder engagement
Production of planning statements and design and access statements
- Preparation, management and submission of planning applications and Section 36 applications
- Submission of planning applications for the installation of meteorological masts
- Post-submission support
- Preparation and submission of requests for non-material variations to allow changes to project design
In addition to the above, our environmental team manages the process of condition discharge applied by relevant authorities both in the UK and overseas on energy projects.
The services we provide in this area include the preparation, submission and approval of:
- Construction method statements and management plans
- Surface water drainage systems
- Fuel storage arrangements
- Waste management plans
- Emergency response plans
- Protected species surveys
Our team can also manage a programme of archaeological works and construction monitoring.
The environmental team recently managed the discharge of planning conditions for the now energised Bankend Rig wind farm in Scotland and Maerdy wind farm in South Wales. Our scope of work included the preparation of environmental reports, appointment and management of specialist consultants and construction monitoring services.
For more information our environmental planning services, contact our environmental team.