Pre-construction follows the feasibility and early development stages of a project, and focuses on taking a project with the necessary consents through to the construction phase.
Completing this stage usually involves approval of financing and achieving financial close, and being ready with the key contracts signed and the work planned ready to start construction activities on site.
Wood Group has supported numerous projects through this key stage to ensure the best possible project set up and achieve the project timescales and keep the teams safe.
- Health, safety, quality and environment guidance, planning and management
- Procurement management
- Supplier identification
- Pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ)
- Request for proposal (RfP) documentation
- Tender response assessments and recommendation
- Lender liaison
- Financial model review
- Bankability studies and reports
- Lender’s engineer liaison
- Negotiation support
- Contract reviews & technical advice
- EPC or multi-contract structures:
- FIDIC (Fédération Internationale Des Ingénieurs-Conseils)
- NEC (New Engineering Contract)
- ICE (Institution of chartered engineers)
- LOGIC contracts
- Contract technical specifications (employer’s requirements)
- Concept design (layout, access, infrastructure) including F.E.E.D.
- Grid connection support
- DNO liaison
- Wayleave/servitude assistance
- ‘Contestable’ section procurement
- Design review
- Site studies