Wood Group has amassed a wealth of offshore wind knowledge over the past 10 years, including experience in wind turbine design, marinisation and access for maintenance. Our highly responsive teams can provide bespoke support on core areas of expertise, including:
- Site identification and constraints mapping
- Feasibility studies
- Grid connection assessments and negotiations
- Contract negotiations for wind turbine generator supply, maintenance and reviews
- Preparation of employers' requirements and technical specifications
- Contract reviews
- Marine numerical modelling, including resource assessment and uncertainty analysis
- Technical and financial due diligence for project or technology investors
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Noise analysis and impact assessment
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Energy yield assessment
- Lidar remote sensing wind monitoring
- Availability and accessibility analysis
- Capital and operating cost reviews
- Programme and contingency sum analysis
- Detailed interface analysis
- Grid code compliance reviews
Wood Group is technical advisor for a large number of offshore finance wind transactions in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany. Our assignments include acting as lenders' advisor to some of the largest and most complex offshore wind project finance deals to date, including Global Tech I and Lincs offshore wind farm. Wood Group is one of only two consultancies recognised as an offshore wind lenders' engineer.
Our team is currently involved in a large number of concept studies, feasibility studies and cost bench marking studies for a number of UK and European developments and we are owner’s engineer on high profile projects such as the Cape Wind development in the US.
Further experience includes successful negotiation of turbine supply and maintenance agreements, including post-warranty agreements and supplying offshore met masts and Galion Lidar wind mapping solutions.