With over 40% of Europe’s wind energy resource, the UK has a vast untapped supply of cost effective and sustainable energy.
Recent changes in Government policy, together with ongoing advances in wind turbine technology have made wind farm development an increasingly attractive proposition. At Wood Group, we want to promote wind farm development as a viable option for both large corporations to farmers and rural communities.
We provide a range of wind monitoring services, including met masts and remote sensing technology to assess the wind energy potential at prospective sites. We will also act as a technical advisor to support civil, geotechnical and electrical engineering at all stages of an onshore wind project. We are also one of a small number of internationally recognised advisors delivering due diligence services to banks and finance houses investing in onshore wind projects.
Wood Group delivers a comprehensive package of consultancy and implementation services covering the entire project lifecycle of wind development:
- Feasibility, including site selection and detailed feasibility studies
- Development, including environmental services, met masts and mast installation, and remote sensing services
- Engineering and procurement including civil, mechanical and electrical engineering services and construction management
- Active asset management including site and data management and technology services
- Due diligence including financial, technical, legal and commercial services