Wood Group is one of the few consultancies in the world to possess extensive working knowledge of the intricacies of marine energy. We understand the harsh marine environment and the operating conditions of our customers' wave and tidal infrastructure.
Having been involved in cutting-edge marine energy projects around the world, Wood Group's wave and tidal team has a wealth of experience. We have worked alongside key players within the marine energy industry including Scottish Power, AWS Ocean Energy, Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon Power, Pelamis Wave Power, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and Voith Hydro Wavegen Limited.
Our comprehensive range of marine and tidal services covers all stages of the project lifecycle, from site selection and appraisal to operations and maintenance. We offer bespoke packages based on the following area of expertise:
- Integrated risk profiling
- Marine numerical modelling, including resource assessment and uncertainty analysis
- Technical, financial, environmental and social due diligence
- Technology audits
- Oceanography and met ocean assessment
- Site selection and appraisal
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Underwater noise analysis and impact assessment
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Project management
In addition to our dedicated wave and tidal team, we can call on the in-house expertise of over 180 highly qualified consultants and engineers to support electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, underwater noise, control and instrumentation, health and safety, operations and maintenance, geographical information systems and project management.
Energy yield assessment
In addition to the services listed above, one of Wood Group's key skills lies in the understanding of the marine environment from an energy yield perspective. We offer a comprehensive energy yield assessment package which includes:
- Assessment of the marine energy resource
- Site selection criteria
- Advice on appropriate data collection methods based on character of the resource
- Independent advice on data measurement device deployment
- Power performance assessment
For further details on the work we have carried out within the wave and tidal industry, or for information on our wave and tidal services, please contact us.