From concept to closeout our construction teams offer an end to end service that is completely scalable according to your requirements.
Our enhanced construction service is bringing new methods, new technology and new services to give you a more efficient and cost effective service.
Constructability in design
Our construction and commissioning engineers form part of the project teams from the start, to ensure that constructability is considered early in the design stage. This is the best way to bring about the most cost effective and safest methods of construction, installation and completion.
We use a comprehensive portfolio of processes and data management tools to define the work and ensure all necessary materials, plant, equipment, tooling, manpower and specialist resource requirements have been identified and put in place.
We manage discrete construction and commissioning activities during the preparation phase, execution phase or as part of a fully integrated construction and commissioning service. Getting the right people in place in good time is just one of the ways we deliver successfully.
The best way to ensure effective and safe execution of the work scope is good organisation and control of worksites, personnel, materials and equipment in accordance with the project plan. Our detailed field planning makes sure that pre-execution activities, permit raising, risk assessments and toolbox talks optimise the project resources and enable timely and accurate progress reporting and time writing in order to update the plan.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist engineering services:
- Construction management
- Lifting and installation studies, including heavy lifts
- Job card and workpack development
- Construction HAZID reviews
- Constructability reviews and site surveys
- Commissioning philosophies and procedures
- Completions management our completions management system
- Fabrication management
- Estimating and resource scheduling
- Construction campaign working
- Turnaround/shutdown management
Heavy Civil Construction
Wood’s Heavy Civil Construction combines Kelchner and Swaggart Brothers to form an industry leader in heavy civil construction including site earthworks, concrete construction & pre-engineered metal buildings. We work primarily with clients in the upstream/midstream oil & gas, commercial/industrial & residential development sectors.
Heavy Civil Construction helps manage projects, risks and cost. We constantly keep health, safety & the environment as our top priorities with mandatory ongoing education programs, training sessions & on-site implementation. When you partner with Wood Heavy Civil Construction, you reap the benefits of an organization that is not only focused on your interests but also has the know-how to deliver each project at the lowest total cost with the least amount of risk.
- Site grading, heavy excavation & facility site preparation
- Custom concrete work
- Construction of compressor stations, gathering systems, cryogenic plants & metering sites
- Soil stabilization
- Full-Depth Reclamation (FDR) of asphalt roadways
- Road construction & maintenance
- Underground utilities (storm, water, sanitary sewer)
- Erosion control
- Land clearing
- Landslide repair & mitigation
- Pre-engineered metal building erection
- Ash basin construction & rehabilitation