Wood Group is recognised as an industry leader in flow assurance and process optimisation. Our specialist team supports customers with innovative technology, robust analytics and software systems which are tried and tested in the field.
Our expertise spans all project stages both onshore and offshore. We understand and mitigate key flow assurance issues through our technical consulting services, from design to operation. We are focused on improving efficiency, safety and cost.
Flow assurance innovation
Over the past two decades, we have successfully delivered on over 2,000 flow assurance projects for over 200+ companies worldwide. We have deployed more than 100 software-based real-time, online Virtuoso®systems to optimise operations and maximise asset value and return.
We provide ground-breaking technology for customers by remaining ahead of the innovation curve; from leading research, joint industry projects, writing industry guidelines, and using data analytics to enhance our offering.
We offer solutions in the following areas:
- Transient multiphase flow
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Production chemistry and fluid phase thermodynamics
- Integrated production modelling (IPM) and field development planning
- Process dynamics and process control – topsides, subsea and plants
- Online monitoring systems and engineering simulators
- Operator Training Systems (OTS) – fit-for-purpose fidelity – VP Link™ and ProDyn
- Asset management and optimisation systems
- Operations support, troubleshooting, site survey and assessment
- Enhanced oil recovery (including steam-assisted/SAGD, chemical/polymer flooding, CO2 or water-alternating-gas/WAG processes)
- Carbon Capture & Storage (CCS), unconventional, shale and methane hydrate, arctic, heavy oil and HPHT resources
- Production process flow management, analytics and debottlenecking
- Well performance assessment, production meter balancing and reconciliation
- Owner’s engineer, third-party design audit/verification/review and expert witness support services
- Flow assurance software to visualise and analyse results - Maestro
- Real-Time, online flow assurance advisory packages and process flow management tools - Virtuoso®
Download the flow assurance and process optimisation brochure. For additional information about our suite of field-proven software systems, please check the following:
Enhanced production management, optimised operations and improved performance surveillance.
Integrated post-simulation processing toolkit.
Dynamic simulator used to test distributed control (DCS) and operator training systems (OTS).