Delivering optimum solutions for the planning, design, construction and operation of subsea power cables.
We provide specialist independent consultancy support and technical services for subsea power cable projects based on 35 years of world leading subsea experience.
Our expert engineers bring advanced analytical capabilities, strong technology knowledge and experience to deliver safe, practical and cost-effective solutions. As a technology leader in the sector, we have lead several joint industry projects in this area, including specific research into the stability of cables on mobile seabeds.
Our specialist teams support areas such as:
- Survey management, data processing and interpretation
- Offshore cable routing and optimisation
- Cable design for optimum stability and protection
- Cable installation and repair design for deepwater
- Landfall location analysis and shore crossing design
- Cable package management to the quay side
- Through-life inspection and maintenance
Wood Group brings a number of benefits to subsea power cable projects:
- Project delivery assurance support through our extensive project management services portfolio – from specific areas of support such as procurement or document management, through to full project management consultancy services utilising our delivery system toolkit
- Leaders in through-life GIS and data management
- Impartial and technology independent solutions using a network of experts to provide best practice solutions from around the globe
- Flexible commercial models to deliver a wide range of services under a single contract